Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Love the Little Ladies

Hey there all of you scrappy ladies. So the kids are back to school, and I'm finding that even though I now have this strange school schedule to follow (can't school districts make it easy on parents and have a consistent schedule- every day my kids have a different pick-up schedule), I am finding that I now have a little time to myself. Which of course means scrapping time- what better way to use my time than scrap.
So this month, I was able to play with MLS's Little Lady line. This line is so gorgeous!! I love the bright vibrant colors! Am I the only one that loves MLS more and more each month?
What I really love about MLS papers is that you have the option to use the fun colorful fronts or the more muted backs- the backs are a great substitute for cardstock! It gives you a beautiful solid color with just enough texture to make your layout pop.

This layout is of my pup Pumpkin and myself. I just love this picture!! I had so much fun layering the MLS papers - they are so complimentary. I glimmer misted some flowers and blinged up the page a bit.




Here's another picture of Pumpkin. She had just returned from her "spa day" and posed for this picture. I love the lady bugs on this paper and decided to make one from a few circles, bling and wire. The die cuts are awesome too- whether for journaling or just as a base for embellishments- they rock!!


I used the backs of the Little Lady papers for this layout. I glimmer misted the green patterned paper and hand stitched around the edges. This is a simple layout, but sometimes less is more. I also colored the doll overlay with copic markers. They are so much fun to alter!


Lastly, I made this cute little card. I used a flower tag as the sun and colored another little doll overlay. Have you used the overlays yet- they are so much fun to use. You can use them as is, stickle the daylights out of them, paint behind them, and color them with alcohol based markers



I have some other cute things that I've been working on for My Little Shoebox that I'll be showing you soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment