Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sweetie Sprout Mini Album

Hi everyone.  I have a mini album to share with you featuring the Sweetie Sprout Mini Album from Punky Sprouts.  I decided to create a mini album to store fond memories and love notes to my family.  I think sometimes, with all of the hustle and bustle that we call life,  we forget to let those in our lives know just how special and loved they truly are.  So I figured, it's about time that I record those feelings and document some of my favorite moments of our lives!
 

If you know me or have taken one of my classes, you know that I love all  things vintage.  This sweet little album was just begging to be covered in pink anything, lace and vintage!
 

Here is a close-up of the cover.  I covered the alphabet letters with glitter to soften the look and make them work better with the feel of the album.

I used Maya Road envelopes for the back of each page.  This is the perfect way to tuck my notes away.


There are 2 acrylic pages in this album.  They are a little hard to photograph, but I hope you can see the bracket shape of this page.  Remember to mirror as much as you can when working on an acrylic album.  Or if you plan on letting the back sides of papers show through to the opposite side of the acrylic page, make sure to hide your adhesive :) 

I love the canvas pages and am tempted to embroider on them all!  But, I was able to have a bit of self control and ruffled some crepe paper instead. 


 
Here's a close-up of my medallion.  They are so easy to make with Punky Sprout's Lil' Blossoms in parchment.  I just folded the parchment round in half, then half again, and then I just kept folding it over and over again until I had a wedge that was about 1/4" wide.  I cut out the center of the wedge, and assembled my medallion.  You might want to try it some time, you just might like how easy it is (and you don't need to score and measure a strip of paper).
 
Supplies used:  Sweetie Sprouts Mini Album
Lil' Blossoms Parchment
Lil' Blossoms Lacey
(get them HERE )


No comments:

Post a Comment