Thursday, June 19, 2014

Vintage Inspired Cards

Hi everyone!  I have a couple of cards that I created using the new Bella! Mother's Mini Theme range to share with you today. Even though this paper is themed towards all things Mom- which is awesome!, I love finding ways to use product in a different way.  The color palette of this range is soft hues of pink and minty teal with a pop of black- which is just perfect for vintage inspired paper crafting in my opinion.

Here are the cards that I created.

I made this sweet little cupcake card using the Fundamentals Imprints card bases.  I can't express enough how awesome these card bases are!  I'm often disappointed with the bases that I find in the big box stores- they are thin and flimsy.  But let me tell you, these Imprint card bases are made from such a wonderful heavy weight cardstock.  Even though the card bases are pretty standard in terms of shape (which is perfect for most cards mind you), with a little imagination and a few snips with a pair of scissors, I made this cupcake.  I also used the Cloud squeeze Punch from Fiskars, our product swap partner for the month.  I layered the little clouds to create an icing top for my cupcake (remember how I like to use things in different ways, lol).

I pleated some Sugar Candy Cardstock (doesn't that sound yummy) to make the bottom of the card and had fun embellishing with a Bella! Buckelz, trims and a Fundamentals Tags.

I made this second card using the beautiful glittered Bella! Mother's Mini Theme Die Cut pack as embellies.  There is such a wide variety of beautiful shapes in the package, and did I mention they are glittered as well :)

Here are a couple of close-ups of the Die-Cuts layered.

Supplies used:

Fiskars:

A huge thank you to Fiskars for their generosity!!  They are a wonderful company with high quality cutting tools that are perfect for all of your crafting needs!!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Scrapping!!







No comments:

Post a Comment